Features of SOS for Linux!
- Multi-Server Capable. Will now do a continuous sync of unlimited
number of servers or workstations to one Standby Server.
- Capable of doing fail-over for any specified
- Ability to change which server is set to fail-over.
- Ability to manually takeover for any server at any time.
- Domain enabled: Ability to use domain credentials to backup
machines. Local accounts on machine no longer required.
- WINS enabled: Ability to use WINS server for name resolution.
This feature allows easy back up of workstations that have
a changing IP address because of DHCP assignments.
- Ability to work with Active Directory.
- Wait Mode: If laptops are being synced, removing them from
network at night is no problem. If PCs are turned off at night,
that is not a problem. Standby Server will watch for them to
come back on the network and continue syncing them when they
come back online.
- Improved Available Shares Window: If
there are more shares than fit the window, it will only
display what fits. A click on the “More” button
displays the remaining shares.
- Ability To Image Drives: SDI Imaging Server Module now included
in package. You may image an unlimited number of machines and
transmit the image to the SOS Standby Server. These images
can be transmitted back from the server to rebuild a drive
on any machine on the network. Bootable Imaging Client CDs
included. Ghost hard drive features.
- SDI Imaging Module has been greatly enhanced
over previous version. Now uses 32 bit, DMA disk access,
Full Duplex Networking, block size optimization, and Post
Transfer Compression. These enhancements have increased the
imaging speed by one thousand percent! (10 times faster).
- Partition Resize Program Is Now Included.
- Comes with utility to change machine SID after installing
- New Setup Wizard steps you through configuration.
- IP address of Standby Server conveniently displayed on GUI
- Sync2NAS component no longer required. An all-new SOS module
is included that is much easier to use and far more reliable.
This module is called RASETI (Rsync Assist Script Enabled Transfer
Implementation). This program installs on any Windows machine.
It is menu driven and will automatically install an Rsync Server
Service on any NT/XP/2000/2003 machine. It will setup scheduled
transmit or receive of files to or from that machine. All scheduled
jobs generate log files that are automatically emailed to designated
- An Open File Manager is now available for SOS Standby Server.
This program is available from Saint Bernard Software. Tell
them you want the agent for SOS Standby Server. This will allow
backup of Exchange, SQL, System Files, or any open file on
- Runs on the latest Red Hat Fedora Linux Release.
- Uses the latest Rsync Version.
- Includes networking utilities for creating network shares,
and mapping network drives.
- Includes custom FGET utility that facilitates sending files
to customers via the Internet. This module is for enhancing
services to clients that you are providing off-site backup
to. This feature allows client to easily retrieve backup files
from the offsite server, RAID data recovery protection.
- New GUI Compare program for checking on synchronization at
the click of a button.